German-Tunisian Vocational School (DTHWS)
Qualification of skilled workers in craft trades – opportunities for young people and companies
Increasing the skilled workforce potential in the craft sector and improving the prospects of young people in Tunisia through industry-focused training opportunities – short qualifications are an important tool in this respect. The German-Tunisian Vocational School, which offers qualifications such as in the mainstream construction and ancillary trades, is to be a pilot project of exemplary character.
Profiling, competence assessment, career guidance, Further education, HR development
Teachers and in-company trainers, Educational institutions and vocational schools, Industry and SMEs, Young people and young adults, Vocational guidance counsellors and employment agents in state vocational schools and in placement agencies, Pedagogical staff of the newly created "Centre Carriere" competence areas
07/2020 - 03/2022
Bildungswerk der Bayerischen Wirtschaft (bbw) gGmbH
The aim is to create alternatives to migration and strengthen the private sector
Young adults, who do not have a school leaving certificate and therefore have no chance of regular training, should benefit from this – and also companies in the private sector that complain about a shortage of skilled workers in the craft sector. Youth unemployment is high in Tunisia, especially in regions away from the urban centres. It is therefore important to create alternatives to migration for young adults, especially in rural areas.
The project for the development of partial qualifications also involves the establishment and expansion of structures for the integration of skilled workers into the employment market. The development of a "Centre Carriere" (career centre) plays a key role in this respect. – It should serve as an interface between vocational schools and the Tunisian employment agency ANETI, providing internships and job opportunities. An advice centre for start-ups in the craft sector is also planned.
With the support of the Bavarian State Chancellery, the following activities could be realised at the location:
- Implementation of qualification opportunities based on the German partial qualification in the "bricklaying" and "tiling" trades
- Further training of teachers and administrative staff at the vocational school in Soliman in the areas of career guidance and communication skills, choice of location and individual funding planning, marketing and data processing
- Renovation of a workshop for practical lessons
- Procurement of equipment and machinery for the vocational school
- Participation in a construction industry trade fair
- Creation of advertising materials and a project film
- Creation of a digital textbook on occupational safety
The project is aimed at the following target groups:
- Teachers and in-house trainers
- Educational institutions and vocational schools
- Industry and SMEs
- Young people and young adults
- Careers advisers and job-seekers in public vocational schools and in employment agencies
- Educational staff in the newly created "Centre Carriere" (career centre) areas of competence
The project is part of a project funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, which is currently continuing with further project activities.