Plant mechanic (sanitary, heating & air conditioning)
This profession is all about the installation and operation of sanitary systems and air-conditioning technology.
Show me your job! Plant mechanic (sanitary, heating & air conditioning)
By clicking on this video, YouTube videos will be displayed on this website in the future. We would like to point out to you that after activation, data will be transmitted to YouTube. You can opt out of this activation at any time on the page Privacy.
What does a Plant Mechanic (Sanitary, heating & air conditioning) do?
As a plant mechanic for sanitary, heating and air-conditioning technology, you are a professional when it comes to installing sanitary systems (e.g. shower, bathtub or toilet) and heating or air-conditioning systems. You install sustainable supply and disposal systems such as systems for rainwater and service water utilisation, but also solar systems and heat pumps in buildings. The technical basics include drilling, screwing and welding to fasten systems, but also the production of pipes, sheet metal and profiles.
What is important?
- Craftsmanship and eye-hand coordination (e.g. when drilling holes for pipe fastenings or bending copper pipes)
- Carefulness (e.g. when installing plumbing and the associated fittings)
- Physical control and freedom from vertigo (e.g. when working on ladders and scaffolding)
- Technical understanding (e.g. planning and maintaining building supply systems)
- Ability to work in a team and good physical condition (e.g. when transporting heavy plant components)
Other jobs that might interest you
This profession is all about the manufacture of precision metal components
This profession is all about electricity
This profession is all about making workpieces out of metal in production
Courses for Plant mechanics (Sanitary, heating & air conditioning)
The basic level is intended for people just starting out in their careers. Here you can acquire basic knowledge for your future profession in self-study units.