This profession is all about body care and beauty.
Show me your job! Beautician
By clicking on this video, YouTube videos will be displayed on this website in the future. We would like to point out to you that after activation, data will be transmitted to YouTube. You can opt out of this activation at any time on the page Privacy.
What does a Beautician do?
As a beautician, you know a lot about body and beauty care and can therefore advise your customers. You carry out appropriate measures such as skin cleansing, finger and foot care or the removal of body hair. In decorative cosmetics, you apply make-up, shape eyebrows, dye eyelashes and paint fingernails. You also sell care and beauty products.
What is important?
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination (e.g. when shaping and designing nails or applying make-up).
- Creativity and sense of aesthetics (e.g. when designing occasion-related make-up for weddings, birthdays, etc., when giving type advice)
- Observation accuracy (e.g. recognising and correctly classifying skin peculiarities)
- Customer and service orientation (e.g. responding to individual customer wishes during cosmetic consultation)
Other jobs that might interest you
This profession is all about looking after guests in hotels and restaurants
This profession is all about the production of confectionery
This profession involves working in every area of a hotel
You can highlight a person's assets, conceal flaws or transform a person into another.
Combines the professional field of the journalist with cameraman and editor
Offers various opportunities in the hygiene and environmental sectors
Courses for Beauticians
The basic level is intended for people just starting out in their careers. Here you can acquire basic knowledge for your future profession in self-study units.
Basic course Nail Technician
In this course, you will learn the basics of nail design
The expert level is suitable for building on the basic knowledge of the Basic level in self-study units or for refreshing your knowledge while working.
Expert course Nail Technician
This course covers more content about what a Nail Technician does.
Explore other branches
- Show details of Social & Health
Social & Health
is about health and society and the well-being of a wide variety of people in different situations
- Show details of Transport & Logistics
Transport & Logistics
is about transportation and shipment of goods in a networked world
- Show details of Technology & Digital
Technology & Digital
is about technology and digital devices, inventions and their maintenance
- Show details of Agriculture & Environment
Agriculture & Environment
is about the work in nature, with plants and animals
- Show details of Design
is about creativity and the development of new things
- Show details of Business, Management & Administration
Business, Management & Administration
it is about business & office organisation & processes
- Show details of Service, Gastronomy & Home Economics
Service, Gastronomy & Home Economics
is about different services offered to people
- Show details of Other crafts
is about the manufacture of all kinds of products (wood,steel,paper,etc.)